Thursday, March 11, 2010

Report from Thing Two

Little birds are so trusting. I'm building a camp (as you previously heard) and I set up a bird feeder. Not your standard bird feeder , but an apple with peanut butter and sunflower seeds. The next day I had a most wonderful experience. Some chickadees had found the bird feeder! I stood by a maple tree across from them and watched. There was also a squirrel in the brush pile. Suddenly a gray jay decided he wanted some of the apple and swooped down to get it. The chickadees flew down onto the hammock. Then they flew right into the tree I  was leaning on! Not a foot away from me! That is a wonderful experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Thing One! Chickadees have excellent memories and will learn to recognize you if you feed them and talk to them. If you put sunflower seeds on the brim of your hat and sit very still, they may even come and eat off your head.

    ReplyDelete